Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday's Blast from the Past - 1st Edition

I thought it might be fun on Sundays to post something I have previously written. So, here is my first installment of Sunday's Blast from the Past.

This list was originally titled, 101 Things I've Learned About Myself & Dieting. I wrote it during the summer of 2006. As you can see, I didn't quite make it to 101 things. I'm sure I could finish the list now that I have three more years of yo-yo dieting under my belt, but I will save those additions for a future post.


90. I don't have to eat inbetween meals, but if I am hungry a healthy snack will satisfy me.

89. You usually have to lose quite a bit of weight before anyone will notice.

88. Smelling freshly baked French bread is dangerous for me, and I need to leave the grocery store quickly to protect myself.

87. Smells can trigger a desire to eat a specific food.

86. An even bigger shock is I can stay away from sugar.

85. What a shock! Sugar makes me feel sick.

84. Sometimes, you can be totally satisfied with just one bite of a really scrumptious dessert.

83. Be picky about when you are going to indulge in something sweet. Save those times for special occasions.

82. If you take a bite of something and it doesn't taste good to you, don't feel obligated to finish eating it.

81. Buffets don't have to be a danger zone. Eat small amounts of what you really like.

80. Three must have kitchen gadgets for healthy eating: George Foreman Grill, Electric Vegetable/Rice Steamer, & a Crockpot.

79. You don't have to give up taste to eat nutritiously.

78. I get just as many, if not more, compliments for my Weight Watcher recipes as I do for regular ones.

77. You can cook or bake 'diet' food for your guests. If you don' t tell them it is 'diet', they will never know.

76. You can enjoy a holiday by making and eating healthy food.

75. We need to stop looking at Hollywood and the fashion world for the ideal body image.

74. I would rather be overweight than be too thin.

73. Just because someone is thin, doesn't mean they are healthy.

72. People who are thin and have never had a weight problem, have no idea what it is like for the rest of the world.

71. I love to eat dinner leftovers for lunch.

70. When you very first begin to feel full, stop eating.

69. When eating out, order one entree to share with your dining companion. You will both still have more than enough to eat.

68. It is okay to ask the waitress/waiter at a restaurant to substitute part of your meal with a healthier choice.

67. When I wait too long to eat and I have reached the point of thinking I am starving, that is when I am tempted to overeat.

66. When I am sweating a lot, I know I am burning calories because I am working pretty hard.

65. I hate to sweat!

64. I love it when someone compliments me on my weight loss.

63. Since weight can fluctuate from day to day, it is best to weigh yourself only once a week.

62. When dieting, take your measurements monthly so you can see the inches melting away.

61. Trying on old, smaller clothes to see if they fit is one of my most favorite things to do when trying to lose weight.

6o. I love to talk about dieting, good new food finds, new recipes, and anything else having to do with my weight loss.

59. When I am eating well, I often dream about food.

58. Sometimes to avoid eating when I shouldn't be eating, I just go to bed.

57. I think Splenda is the greatest invention of our times. Well, at least in the area of grocery products.

56. I believe soda pop (even diet varieties) hinders weight loss. Soda is the first thing I gave up, and I don't miss it.

55. I don't believe in cutting any food group out of my diet. A well balanced diet is eating from all of the groups.

54. You heard it a hundred times before, but it is true. Use moderation in all things including diet and exercise.

53. I have yet to find any food which tastes as good as being fit feels.

52. The weight loss successes of others inspire me.

51. There is no better feeling when stepping on the scale than to see a lower number than the week before.

50. When I am dieting, my brain is obsessed with thinking about food. What am I going to eat for my next meal?

49. Men lose weight faster than women. That is one of the injustices in this world!

48. It takes a long time for your brain to catch up with your weight loss. You always see the old you in the mirror.

47. When you have a lot of weight to lose, break it down into small achievable goals. I like to lose 10% at a time.

46. Talking to yourself is a good strategy to use when a tempting food comes your way. Just talk yourself out of eating it.

45. Eating a small, good piece of chocolate slowly is so much more enjoyable than downing a bag of M&M's in ten minutes.

44. I LOVE CHOCOLATE! It is the one thing I refuse to completely give up, but I can control how much of it I eat.

43. Suprisingly, bread is my trigger food. If I start eating it, I can't stop.

42. Eating the same thing day after day is boring, so mix it up and keep it interesting.

41. Don't be afraid to try new foods or recipes, because it is the fun part of dieting.

40. I have to live one day at a time when it comes to dieting.

39. A healthy lifestyle is really just about making the right choices. So, I am choosing to choose the right.

38. I can eat out anywhere. I just have to make wise choices on what I pick to eat from the menu.

37. My confidence grows as my weight decreases.

36. I am very picky about what I eat when I am trying hard to stay on a nutritious program.

35. People really do treat others differently depending on their size.

34. When I am making healthy eating choices, I could care less what other people see me put into my grocery cart.

33. When I am not eating well, I feel like everyone is analyzing what I am putting in my grocery cart.

32. I have a fear of booths in restaurants. I will almost always ask for a table unless I'm sure I will fit in the booth.

31. Eating nutritiously and exercising daily go hand in hand. Doing one without the other will only give you half the results.

30. The more I become involved in eating correctly, my interest in things like the TV wanes.

29. Exercise doesn't have to be done at a gym. Some of my best workouts have been while I am doing things around the house.

28. I eat when I am happy, sad, stressed, angry, excited, nervous, or pretty much anytime.

27. I am addicted to food, especially carbohydrates.

26. Learning how to truly take care of myself is a lifelong journey.

25. The real key to weight loss is portion control.

24. Drink water, water, and more water.

23. Eating well takes a lot of time, planning, and preparation.

22. When I am not eating right, I don't even think about food. I mindlessly eat all day long.

21. When I am eating right I look forward to eating.

20. Everything doesn't work for everybody. Find what works for you and DO IT!

19. Successful weight loss needs to include the support of others - family & friends.

18. No one else can lose the weight for you.

17. You aren't what you eat, but what you eat may determine who you are.

16. Weight cannot be cured. It can only be managed.

15. Dieting is not really what I am doing. I am really making changes to my lifestyle.

14. Just trying something does not always equal success.

13. Success begins with the decision to do something.

12. When you first start to feel hungry, drink a glass of water before reaching for a snack. It may be you are thirsty instead.

11. Never say never when it comes to dieting.

10. It is easier to eat slow when I am eating a healthy meal than it is when I am eating an unhealthy meal.

9. It is better to put any extra food in the waste can than on my waist.

8. It might be a hard thing to do, but I can leave food on my plate.

7. Food always tastes better when I am eating nutritiously.

6. I keep researching to try to find something simpler than Weight Watcher's.

5. Weight Watcher's is the best plan on the market.

4. I cannot diet halfway. I either follow it to the letter of the law, or I just don't do it at all.

3. It is nearly impossible to keep the weight off.

2. It is very difficult to lose weight.

1. It is extremely easy to gain weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a lifetime yo-yo dieter who has spent most of my time on the up swing. On a few rare occasions I have been down in the weight game and it is then that I feel FANTASTIC. Just a few months ago I was in middle of one of those rare periods when all was going well and the pounds were coming
off. Then something went awry, and I started gaining it all back again. So here
I am starting over. Follow me on my journey to health and fitness.

Weight Loss Tracker